View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:56 AM   #51 (permalink)
robchalmers
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionmovement View Post

WARNING: VW RANT BELOW

the wiring is circuit-board gauge and attached to substandard material unable to take underhood heat (2 year old cars with headlight connectors that crumble in the hand—big surprise I don't think I've ever seen a 6 month or older one with all its lights working)
Never Had seen or had problems with that.

Quote:
every other kind of electrical issue, cooling systems are undersized, and the engineering a joke (try just changing a taillight on a New Beetle).
Yep - simple! tried changeing a headlight bulb on an 06 malibu? I can change a one in mk5 rabit one handed in under 30sec with no tools, the malibu rent-a-shed I gave up after 30mins of scrabbling on the carpark went the manuals gave no-help.

Quote:
They also purposely make them so that they are as time consuming as possible to fix. 10 hours labor for an alternator (that died at an unacceptable 55k miles—250k in the Subaru and a 15 minute job) located top front on an engine? Yes, because a special "superior German engineered" fastener is used ).
????? B*llocks, seriously, RUBBISH got a pic?

Quote:
I've also worked on American cars and, while they seem slapped together at the last minute and generally built to a price, there is nothing to compare to the outright sadism of VW (who save their only quality components for the interior). Hitler's revenge.
wow step too far there mate.

Quote:
they'd still be handicapped by their cheap electrical systems and evil engineers.
as I used to work in engineering in VW on exterior and hardware, cheers, I'm evil and saddistic Frankly I think this is a little bit of a personal thing with you, did a beetle run over you as a kid or something???

twitter.com/bertchalmers