View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
orange4boy
Master EcoModder

The Golden Egg - '93 Toyota Previa DX
90 day: 31.91 mpg (US)

Chewie - '03 Toyota Prius
90 day: 57 mpg (US)

The Spaceship - '00 Honda Insight
Lightbulb

Quote:
Install a manual shifter and clutch pedal.
Clev,

That, my friend is absoludicrous. I must have one. Manumatic. Sounds like something Mercedes Benz would come up with only they would add an umlaut. The clutch idea, is genius. My left foot is slightly atrophied from under-use anyhow. It should have been obvious but my grasp of the obvious is a little tenuous.

On the way home I was thinking of how to make it ergonomic. What is the best way to do it so you know what gear it's in by feel and so neutral is always handy for instant eoc from any gear. That's probably the best way and it's already learned. The shift lever from an automatic makes you have to slide it all over the place and I have slipped into reverse for a split second a couple of times.

Anyone know of a good video game shifter? That would already have the microswitches built right in. Heck, my elec-trak has a video game joystick so It'll fit right in.

"It’s easy to explain how rockets work but explaining the aerodynamics of a wing takes a rocket scientist.

The Following User Says Thank You to orange4boy For This Useful Post:
IsaacCarlson (09-10-2009)