View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit View Post
Just went to chrysler.com and realized that nothing interesting is going on there. There is nothing there that I would but unless it was less than half off. Maybe a nicely equipped 300 for somewhere around $9000, that is if I had money. I can't believe that they still have the PT Cruiser, not even updated since it came out. I mean it has been at least 7to 8 years the same model has been out.

Now does this news include Dodge and Jeep? Because I have got to admit that Jeep has some nice new models, but I guess people are realizing that their wallets will hurt at the gas pumps with new Jeep payments + buying liquid gold at the pumps.

Dodge has some nice models also (Nitro, Ram trucks, CHALLENGER, Magnum). New car sales are supposed to be the lowest since the past 10 years so this probably won't be the beginning of the cuts.

Overall: If in the new car market, I don't see why people would be attracted to Chrysler unless there are major rebates/price breaks.

They used to have the Minivan market on lockdown, but not anymore IMO.
I drove the new Avenger and it just felt wrong in so many areas -- the 4-cylinder's transmission wasn't geared for either FE or performance, and most of the car was funny looking. Fit and finish was sub-par, etc.

The Minivans are functional, but I'd rather buy an old Honda.

I've driven the PT Cruiser, "Worst Rental Award", the 300 (nice, but big, heavy and a guzzler), Magnum: discontinued (guzzler). Sebring: see Avenger. At least the Ram has the Cummins option. Then there's the copious SUVs/Trucks (and the Aspen name conjures-up images of the original rust-bucket).

Biggest mistake (lately): dumping the Neon for the Caliber.

Jeep makes a good product, especially for purpose-built use, but not hot right now for daily drivers (even the wimpy versions).

The company needs to move it or lose it quick, IMO.

RH77

_
_