View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
Well... If I'm coming on to strong here for a "newbie" feel free to ban me... But MetroMPG, sorry to disagree but you are on the wrong track and leading others with you... Get the facts straight...

On that list is a bunch of confused people, not people using Li-Ion...

Zoltan Szirmay's 1991 Fiat Tipo 1.4 ... No Thundersky does NOT make Li-Ion batteries... They use LiFePo4 chemistry...

Devinci's Mini-Baja Electric ... Neither does a 123, guess what they are "famous" for? Oh right, LiFePo4 cells...

Same goes for most on that list... They reference A123 cells or Thundersky, or a bunch of other manufacturers that use LiFePo4 chem...

Show me one example of Li-Ion batteries in a DIY EV that works and I'll shut up, but until then I'm gonna yell and shout... LiFePo4 is radicaly different from both Li-Ion and LiPo people... Nobody on that list is using Li-Ion... They are just confused about what they are using...
Li-ion batteries are just rechargeable batteries that have Lithium in the cathode. A123 and TS cells are li-ion just like all the other cathode chemistries are. LiCo, LFP, and so on, are all different types of li-ion batteries, but they're still considered li-ion batteries AFAIK.
The Following User Says Thank You to roflwaffle For This Useful Post:
mora (12-30-2009)