View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
I see the power of the group, maybe we can get the admins to only allow people over XX number of posted to help edit the wiki? Say 25. This would drastically reduce the snake oil people and keep the Wiki cleaner.

I just want this Wiki to be a source that is creatable (say, I could quote it in a research paper). To make this happen it needs to be well documented and not full of junk. I do not mind the group editing it, I just think that some guidelines are needed.

Idea: section the 65+ mods into groups based on the amount of testing the proves the results? AKA, grill block is 100% verified, side mirror is 90% .... Over inflating tires is 50%, using synthetic oil is 40%...... snake oil 10% or less.

This would allow MPG mods to be searched by proven effectiveness, a new person could very quickly look over the list and see which ones are proven and which mods vary by vehicle type.

Idea 2: have a bar on the page that warns viewers if there is not much data. Like the ones on Wikipedia " this section needs sources to verify its claim". this would make it easy to see which mods need more testing (give me, and others, some ideas on what to gather more data for).

Thanks for putting some effort into this!
I had seen the wiki but I had not seen that we could add pages, so I like the idea of someone setting it up more, then I will add lots of data!