Thread: Eaarth
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #103 (permalink)
Thymeclock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic
Quote:
Fix the problem and stop whining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Hi,
Let's all get fixing! It will be hard, but well worth it.
It is apparent that Old Mechanic has some sort of proposed technological innovation to promote. He intends to benefit in having something to sell.

It is obvious that Neil Blanchard has an ideology to promote. (To wit, his relentless proselytizing, including his constant persistence on always spelling earth as "Eaarth". But it's not surprising for someone from the people's republic of Maasachusetts.) He also stands to benefit in promoting his beliefs.

Both stand to benefit in some way. There is always a payoff. Neither is acting out of charity, altruism or goodwill.

I don't want to "get fixing". I don't have anything to sell, nor am I here to sell anything. It's not my problem. Nor is it my responsibility to "fix" anything.

Any problem, whether actual or exaggerated is not one that I or any other individual created. It's high time that we hold politicians and diplomats responsible for whatever global problems exist. It's not our job to clean up any mess that someone else created.

Who pays? Who benefits? I refuse to accept any responsibility for problems that are not of my making. Enough of the stuff of which 'guilt trips' are made.