View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
ceej
EcoModding Lurker

Box - '99 Chevy Metro Base

Transit - '10 Ford Transit Connect Van XLT
90 day: 23.2 mpg (US)
Holley offered an Economaster series of carburators during the gas crunch. They still show up from time to time NOS. I haven't seen annular boosters of the sort used on the Economaster recently, but it'd be worth checking on the Holley site.

The OEM Ford Holley 2300 was used on SB and FE-BB V8's for quite a while. I don't remember seeing the improved annular boosters on any of the Holley 2300 copies from Ford. That doesn't mean they weren't available.

What size engine are you running? Two possibilities would be Holley's 350 cfm Series 2300, and the Weber/Holley. Can't remember the model/list for the Weber. It's similar. 38/38, not progressive.
For a Big Block, like the FE, if that's what your running, the 500 would be the best bet. A 350 would start wheezing pretty early.

Sometimes switching up to a small four barrel could net better results, at least out on the road. The trick is to use the small primary, and stay out of the secondary.
Depending on displacement and engine configuration, there are lot's of choices. I'm partial to Carter, though I've had good results from Holley and Rochester as well.

CJ