View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Clev
Wannabe greenie

The Clunker (retired) - '90 Honda Accord EX sedan
Team Honda
90 day: 29.49 mpg (US)

Mountain Goat - '96 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
90 day: 18 mpg (US)

Zippy - '10 Kymco Agility 125
90 day: 65.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
O.K. so this is way off topic here, but a lot of you guys are very knowledgeable about things such as web site creation and such.

I am trying to create a simple web site where I can place some of my art for sale. I just need a simple, free ( but professional looking - so not too 'canned' looking ) site that i can have several images on one page along with a description below it.

I tried creating a blog with Blogger and it seems to be O.K. except that I can't figure out how the have a page with multiple images side by side.

I'm never learned HTML, and have a hard time with all of this.

This is what I have so far : Shelterarts: Art to help animals

So does anyone know of any easy to use make it yourself without HTML knowledge type of sites ?

I'll even consider sites that are not free if they are easy to set up for dummies.
( I tried iWeb and MobileMe since i'm on a Mac, but that all seems like Apples $100 a year clone of the free GeoCities type of sites. )

Thanks for any advice

So back on topic ... how'bout that boat tail
Wordpress seems to be the standard in free hosting. Dunno if they do everything you need. If you're looking to sell, you might try Squarespace: squarespace.com, use offer code TWIT for free (no credit card) trial and 10% off the normal $12/month hosting if you keep it. I have no experience with them, but have been bombarded by commercials for them and they pride themselves on easy-to-use.