View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #51 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
Gov. Walker & the Republican legislative majority in Wisconsin want to strip union rights from all state employees. Just how balanced and middle ground is a complete lack of unions?
Remember Newton? "Every action produces an equal but opposite reaction"? Works in politics as well. You get any extreme, like unions being way too powerful, and that creates a bunch of people calling for the opposite extreme.

Quote:
It leaves all state employees in Wisconsin unable to bargain collectively. This is wacko mega government control stripping workers' rights away, and you're complaining about UNION extortion?
Yes, because I can't see that the unions are bargaining, or otherwise working, for ME. (Or were back in the days when I was forced to belong to a union in order to work.) They're working first for the power & privilege of the union bosses (no different than corporate CEOs), then for the political goals of the union activists (many of which I oppose), and finally for the least common denominator workers, the slackers and incompetents who wouldn't keep their jobs if not protected by unions.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamesqf For This Useful Post:
poorman (02-25-2011)