View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Good job
Now that your car is in the garage and has a fuel log, you may consider joining one of the teams, just for some competitive fun
EcoModder Team Competition

BTW: In your ZX's garage entry you have "vacuum gauge" as your instrumentation. Is this a mistake? Vacuum gauges on diesels are useless: vacuum comes from a vacuum pump slapped onto the engine, not from the manifold (since diesels don't have a throttle).
I must consider that team thing, sounds interesting

Yes, there is vacuum gauge mentioned, it is really a boost gauge as car is turbo diesel, gauge has also vacuum side too, shows nicely when it is time to renew air filter

There was no option as a boost gauge so I thought that vacuum gauge must be enough close as it is really same way I use boost gauge, to monitor load and keep my foot from pressing too much of loud pedal, it shows much smaller increments than what I can feel or hear, really a great help.

I have not yet had time for filling all the boxes there, so that is one which I should put to as explanation, also bit about mods planned and done need to be written.