View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Twin 2000 Insights - This is getting rediculous.

Well I don't know what to say, I was minding my own business, walking through the lines of cars parked for one of the auctions I go to, and I saw my Insight parked among them. "Ya, nice joke, that's real funny guys" I thought to myself, thinking the auction staff had parked the Insight I bought off them last month in that night's auction cars as a joke. Then I realized it was in fact another grey, 2000 Insight, running through the same auction the first one came from! It was dirty, full of old sweat shirts, cell phone & cup holders - just the way it had been traded in at the Mazda dealership that had consigned it to the auction. They apparently had no clue what it was so they just sent it to the auction to get it off their lot! Judging by what they had the reserve set at, I am guessing they probably gave the previous owner about $1000 for trade in value for it.

So I did what any sane, financially responsible person would do - I bought this one too! How could I not really?

The new one:

The old one:

The new one has 260,000 kms, 5 speed, and needs some TLC. It was a bit more money than the old one, but it also has 100,000 less kms on it. I still don't know how I am going to pay for it, but hey that's a minor detail. According to MetroMPG, there are 369 1st gen Insights in Canada, so between he and I we have almost 1% of them! I sure hope there isn't another one at the auction anytime soon or I will end up living in one of them. Now I really really have to sell off some of my car stash to support my new hybrid habit!

Last edited by War_Wagon; 05-13-2011 at 11:22 PM..