Thread: Eco-Unfriendly
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enki View Post
Wow, stopped getting email notifications about updates to the thread; didn't realize so many posts had popped up since the last time I checked.

For those that are interested, I will be building a transmission *AFTER* the motor is built and tuned so I can perfectly match the ratios to the output of the motor.

I'm currently looking at going the EFR route from BorgWarner, and have roughly plotted out an engine on their Matchbot to see what I could hit; the link is below:

( Edit: post count not high enough for links; see attached image )

Obviously, ambient temps in the 100 and high altitude are not good for high speed anything; however when the time comes to run the Texas Mile, power will be over 500 horsepower according to Matchbot (assuming 70 ambient and local elevation of 200 feet).

As for the fuel log, I'll see about getting one today when I go into town to pick up fluids for the next set of mods to happen either this weekend or next. With that all in mind, sometime next month I'll likely start ordering bends for the full on custom 3" vband exhaust (with manifold) I'll be building to replace the restrictive stock parts.

Stay tuned!
So, that's 485hp that you are shooting for?

A quick search indicates a top speed in stock form of 155mph (that's seems a little high for only 263hp). But, assuming that is true, you'll need 565hp to hit 200mph w/o aero mods. You may be able to pull it off with only 485hp with significant aero tweaks. The Texas Mile doesn't give you much distance to get up to speed, but I think they have more leeway in streamlining.

I'm far more familiar with the SCTA rulebook as I'm building an I/GC car to race at Bonneville. There are others here that are into land speed racing as well (aerohead for example).

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods