View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
phunky.buddha
Blow stuff up

S2000 - '03 Honda S2000
Team Honda
90 day: 24.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Tires "scrub" anytime you turn them, they don't have to be slipping. In fact a sliding tire is actually losing less energy as you are no longer changing the vehicles direction as much. Not that that is a smart way to take corners....
Yeah... because then you spend more energy trying to correct the slide. But sometimes that slide is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
This is the main reason.
Except for a guy that left his CRX in my buddy's shop... had 27" tall tires on it. He thought they looked awesome, even though the tires had chewed the fenders completely apart. The random chrome plastic bits he had stuck all over the hood gave him enough horsepower to beat a Mustang Cobra too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
13" tires certainly cost a lot less than 16" or 17" tires do. Many of the people here are interested in saving money as a top priority. I am too, but I'm not willing to sacrifice good handling for it - which is why I won't buy narrow 80 series tires, no matter what small amount of fuel they supposedly save.
True. I'm tempted to build a CRX with 155/80-13 tires, but I'd much rather put 225/45-15s on it and try to see if I can still break 50mpg.