View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGogebic View Post
Darcane,

You'll see earlier in the post I live in Wisconsin. I couldn't make it to the first stop light with 3 wheels. We get up to 12" of snow a day. The side streets take 1 day to get plowed good and salt doesn't work in below zero weather. A trike is definitely out of the question, but thanks for commenting.
While I live in Washington now, I grew up and learned to drive in southcentral Alaska (I've driven in one town that averages 25ft of snow a year and can get nearly 4ft in 24hrs), so I've got a pretty strong understanding of how snow affects driving dynamics. I'm still missing how you will be negatively affected driving in it by losing one wheel with all other things remaining equal. With decent tires intended for snow, you will have plenty of traction for winter driving.

And, they are a little different than an on-the-road trike, but I've ridden 3-wheelers in snow and my brother used to ice-race on a dirt bike converted to a trike. I remember both having plenty of traction up front.

If you don't want a trike, so be it. It's your vehicle. I just don't see that a trike should be eliminated as an option solely due to winter performance.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods