View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #190 (permalink)
88hf
EcoModder!

ratatouli - '01 honda insight
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty_boy View Post
I drive between 55 and 65 MPH. I rarely go above 70 unless it is the speed limit. I am a granny driver.
Oh well, i was hoping you were driving 70. I got that same mileage with the original motor on a trip to florida and back once. But, my g/f says I was doing 45 part of the way and I was using the supermid to monitor fuel consumption.

Quote:
That dash looks good
dash is from a 99 si, Not sure if I will keep the glovebox or have it without because it interferes with the stock speaker placement(it will clear the door but cover the speaker). It will also take a lot of work if I want the a/c - heat - or any kind of fan working with this arrangement. Recently I've been thinking about trying to hybridize the insight fan/ a/c into here. Don't think there is enough room for the 99 stuff under there.

Quote:
but the console area is a little out of place IMO.
It is out of place. The dash bottom is tilted out slightly from its normal placement which makes that plastic under the a/c controls dive straight back. Its what was necessary to make it fit. The arm rest is a little far back but I sit far back anyway. Couldn't fit the plastics under the steering column for the 99 either way too tall and makes it where you can't see the pedals. Overall I think its workable and plan to go with pretty much how it is here.