View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Everything slowmover says... also... make yourself a tonneau cover, even to cover just the back half of the bed. It will benefit aero significantly. Fully inflate tires (I over inflate mine by 6-9 psi). Search "lawn edging airdam" on this forum. It works. I run one. Whenever possible drive in daylight when you don't need lights and the air is warmer. Study the hypermile techniques, espeically "driving with load" (DwL), "pulse and glide" (P&G), and "engine off coasting" (EOC). And if you have a tach and a vacuum gauge handy, you might avoid the scangauge for now, but also the UltraGauge is much cheaper and just as good, I think.

Good luck! Welcome! Start a fuel log here at ecomodder, recording what you pay for gas, you might find it encouraging to see savings pile-up.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
JatMat (09-05-2011)