View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Olympiadis, I like the links you posted. If I understand, not intake restriction but EOC P&G itself might be contributing to a rich AFR in my car because of quick throttle position changes (from off to 9% to 25/26% quite suddenly). Such throttle positions are not nearly close enough to WOT for my 25% smaller diameter intake tube to restrict anything significantly, but the quick rate of change in the throttle position will trigger a brief, small, fuel enrichment. Interestingly, yesterday on the freeway my long term fuel trim returned to 0.00 after engine-on P&G for a while. During the neutral coasting glide phase, short term trim dropped into negatives. Apparently, the MAP sensor is mostly relevant because rapid changes in pressure contribute to the ECU's fuel enrichment response?

Sorry for apparently distracting this thread with the rich AFR issue. Thanks.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.