View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
California98Civic -

I am *guessing* unicorn because this would be a better mousetrap (aka better cat) if it worked. It doesn't mention NOx, but that's ok. Hmmmmm, it's based in Australia :

CarloSW2
I noticed the NOx omission too in some of their results too. On another part of the site, IIRC, they showed that their muffler has little or no benefit with that pollutant, I think. But they posted video (edited video) of a comparative test between just a CAT and the CAT plus their "EV8" ... it shows what it alleges are sceenshots of the toyota's emissions: As for the suspicion about gasses heating the plates that then reduce the gasses, I gather the point is that it seems circular and impossible. But certainly, cleaning out CO2 and other parts of the exhaust's composition does not mean the elimination of ALL the exhaust gas, correct? It's the toxics and other pollutant gasses they want to reduce, there would still be hot exhaust coming out of the tail pipe.

As I said, I'm not interested in buying one. In fact the real reason I posted it here is to subject it to the EM vetting. Sites are so rosy in their representations of their inventions... This thread's vetting now enters the interwebs' search results.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 02-16-2012 at 06:11 PM..