View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
FastPlastic
Master EcoModder

98 Cherokee - '98 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 17.18 mpg (US)

ZX7R Ninja - '99 Kawasaki ZX7R Ninja
90 day: 42.45 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentPointofView View Post
Sweet Block I did something similar with clear plastic, but plexi works good too.

Is it just me or does the ZJ have the only good cooling system? I've never seen the needle get to the 210 degree mark. It usually hangs around between 180-190.

One thing that gets annoying is when you take it to autozone or something to get something and the guys ask why theres plastic over your grille. Then you say to heat the engine faster (less time in open loop) and create less drag. Then they ask whether or not you need a new thermostat and if yours is faulty OH!:

Maybe try using plexy over the headlight slots, they seem to be mini-parachutes Removed the roof racks yet? (if there is any)
So far with just the three blocks the temp has been rock solid at 190. Can't say I've heard the electric fan kick in either.

Covering the headlight slots isn't a bad idea. Just not sure how I would do it and make it look nice. I'm all about stealthy aero mods.

It does have the small stock roof rack. Which I have thought about taking off. But I don't really have a place to put it when it's off. I'd like to keep it for when I sell it eventually. If I leave it on is there an optimal location for the cross beams? Is there a low pressure zone towards the middle because of the flat roof?

Adjusted for my driving habits. 80%city/20%Highway.
20mpg city/30mpg highway or bust! Check out my mods so far