View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Meetup in SoCal May 13

A group of EM members, Fiat 500 enthusiasts, and others will gather at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles on May 13 (Mother's Day) to show the cars and trade information and socialize. The Petersen has some great examples of eco cars. But it also has great examples of California car culture: hot rods, lowriders, and the imported vehicles of the rich and famous.

Some of us will get there 10am, others are arriving noon. Zonker is recruiting Fiat 500 owners. All are welcome. Carlos (cfg83) and I are planning to possibly send out a press release. I have experience writing press releases and he has a contact or two. I plan to invite press for about noon, if enough people commit to show-up.

The Petersen Museum's admission in $10, and it's open 10am to 6pm. We will gather the cars on the top floor of the museum garage. But there is free Sunday parking on the street below too. With many of us going into the museum and others paying parking, I am sure the museum will not be concerned about those who do not pay. However I am planning to reach out to the museum with the full plan and see what support we can get.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 05-05-2012 at 05:53 PM..