View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #94 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Until there is a way to make the waste safe and major accidents impossible, I'm opposed. A refinery blows up and it is devastating to a neighborhood, maybe a town for a while. A huge swath of the Ukraine may never be populated by humans in safety again. Fukushima is permanently marked, and the real damage still untold, on land and off shore. I live in the red emergency zone for SONGS in Southern California: same design as Fukushima and only recently did they suddenly shut it down after a minor leak revealed unanticipated wear on recently service rods. $48 million and 8 months later and it is still off line. I support keeping it off line permanently. None of Southern California Edison's dire warnings about summer brown-out and blackouts have come true.

Let's have decentralized, distributed solar arrays on the homes and businesses across Southern California and the rest of the USA, tied into the grid, selling power to the companies at a fair rate. Millions of panels, replacing these plants.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.