View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsearching View Post
In my town if the same car passes the same strip of land 3 times within 2 hours between friday and sunday you are fined $500 for "cruising" which they made illegal. [...] If you accidentally chirp the tires because they are thin low traction low rolling resistance tires on your metro and you let the clutch out a little too fast they hit you for demonstrative driving.
Downtown Tempe is just north of Arizona State University and driving through there is almost always difficult, but they did make "cruising" illegal, apparently it was that much of a problem.

My first car was a Honda Prelude and when I first got behind the wheel I peeled out.

I kind of liked it.

I actually had difficulty not squealing my tires. I actually was pulled over, but after much waiting, the police officer said that he received a call, so he let me go. I thought "Oh, so someone actually committed a crime?!"

I later found out that I could have been hit with "Exhibition of Speed," worth all eight points that one can receive before losing their license, while you might only receive one point for speeding.

I did not understand that.

I would not even know how to peel out my Forester, though!