View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lectric Cowboy View Post
I have to apologize for my "noob-ness", but coil overs?
And how/ where did you apply the inside mirrors?
Also, the front blockage, how did you attach those?
I was thinking of just getting those low pro tires... Wouldn't that have the same effect?
No apologies necessary. Coilovers are simply combined spring/shock apparatus, although the term is generally used to denote aftermarket suspensions with adjustable ride height. There are a variety of coilovers available for 7th gen Civics, as well as numerous lowering springs and shock absorbers.

To mount the mirrors, I ordered new sail panels (I think Honda calls them "mirror garnishes") for an LX/DX/HX, which don't have a tweeter in them.

Originally, I had cardboard with duct tape over it as temporary grill blocks. Then I got rid of that and attached aluminum flashing with some nuts and bolts from Menards. A couple months ago I removed that and used expanding foam and fiberglass to fill the lower opening and upper grill permanently.

I think you mean low-rolling resistance tires? I mounted those on steel wheels so I could use the solid wheel covers, but I toyed with the idea of pizza pans at first (the center "H" on each wheel pops off and could have a bolt fixed to it somehow to attach the pan).