View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
Man I wish I could help with your situation. Are you positive you don't have a vacuum leak? Maybe you need to think of some of the other things involved. I've been messing with mine. I have my pcv venting into the atmosphere right now rather than the intake because I feel like If I have oil leaks than that could translate into vacuum. So i capped that off. Does the vtec not work off of oil pressure? I notice a difference when my oil is low. Or am I thinking of other variable valve timing cars. Also I've heard vtec-e likes slightly advanced timing. Im sure you have done that already but I'm just trying to throw ideas out there. Maybe it is still adjusting to the new o2 sensor. Who knows. I know the d16y7 and y5 have different intake manifolds maybe its possible you routed a line the wrong way? Such as the evap
Not sure on the vacuum leak. I don’t think there was much of an opportunity to miss anything. These engines are pretty simple and most things just fall into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
The stock HX with a final drive of 3.750 (I think) and 14" wheels would have hit 2500 RPMs at a much lower speed than 75 mph. Your VX 3.250 final drive combined with wheels that are 14" instead of VX stock 13" may be the "problem" requiring a significantly higher speed to allow LB ... perhaps there is a way to fool the ECU? What sensors does it use to determine LB?
I am running the stock 14 inch HX wheels with new Michelin Defender tires. Tires and speed sensor I don’t think are the issue. Even in lower speeds and gears I still almost always need the 2400 to 2500 requirement for lean burn. Bruce had the same issue in his stock HX. He said it went away or improved from using MMO. I am on my third tank with MMO now and hoping to have some improvement.

Thus far the sweet spot for lean burn seems to be in 4th gear at 2300 – 2500 going 57 – 65 mph. On flat it seems to be averaging 21% throttle, 50-60 LOD and netting 60-63 mpg.