View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #277 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
Made a nicer grill block for the upper grill on Civic. Stainless screws hold it on which aren't so pretty, but the plexiglass panel is nicer than the duct tape that was there before. Lower grill has a newish panel I put on this past summer, with a sliding cover over an approx 8" x 12" opening so I can adjust for various outside temperatures.
Where are the pictures???

My Thermostat seems to be acting up. I thought this HX engine was taking too long to warm up to temperature, and then I noticed today the temp dropped completley down on the highway in an Engine on Coast I was doing. So looks like I will be swapping out the T-stat this week before my trip to Chicago.

Anyone have recommendations on brands or temps to get? when I bought one from my CX a month ago Autozone had a "safe" T stat available for the car. Instead of failing and staying shut, it would fail and stay open. Not sure if it is worth the extra money, but it seems like a cool idea if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Changed the oil this weekend and noticed the power steering had it's own belt and it was in rough shape. Rather than replacing it, I just pulled it off. I don't know if I will keep it like that or not; on the infrequent times that my wife drives the Civic she will hate it.
This is a great mod to do. I kinda fell into it as my CX already had a manual rack and when I swapped over the HX stuff, I did not switch to the power rack. Did DX 7th Gen civics come without power steering? That could be another option for you, my wife does not mind the non power steering car aspect of my car. Now the duct tape on the front bumper, that is a different story. Lol
I replaced my shocks and lowered the car last week 2 inches. Aside from having to special order a bushing and my car being down all week, it was a pretty simple procedure. Needless to say, my driving on the car was cut back a bit so my team contribution will be slowed a little. I am sitting at about 400 miles on this tank, so I should have two more fillips to add before next week.

Last edited by turbovr41991; 10-22-2012 at 10:47 AM..