View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
I have tried P&G and never had much luck on it based on the scangauge. Besides that, I have more than enough problems with traffic, since 66% of my trip is on a major road (only 1 lane for each direction of traffic...).

I really do need to get into modding mine more, but one thing nice about this car, it is weird lol. My MPG isn't linear like most other cars for mpg vs speed. At ~42-45mph it spikes up quite well to around 55-65 while driving steady vs it dropping to around 47 @ ~48-50mph. I can still get around 40-42mpg @ 60mph (running late for work).

Looking at your fuel log, your 1.6L + manual isn't doing much different than myself with the current weather. I think my car weighs more, but has overdrive, while the 1.6 was lighter (body style and engine size), and the trans didn't have OD? I always thought about putting a 1.6L with a 1.8L manual w\ overdrive in since my car is over 241k miles now and isn't in that great of shape either. The thing was a city beater, so tons of small wrecks in the front end, and the rear is messed up on one side.

I'm kind of interested what kind of results you can get with yours compared to mine since we have similar cars . You have the advantage of the 1.6L, lighter car, and manual trans, while mine cuts off the injectors well when coasting and has overdrive as well as a different torque curve, max torque is at like 2800rpm vs the 1.6L model at 5600rpm.

I had a 92 corolla (wrecked and scrapped) that I was going to fix before getting this one, the body under the rear seat was rusted though, looks to be the only problem area for rust. Michigan winters eat cars (heavy salt on the roads).