View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Thanks for the idea nbleak, only problem is, the engine is what engauges the TQ converter, atleast on my car that is how it works. Ex: if I turn off the engine while in gear, I feel nothing different than coasting in gear. If I go to neutral, turn off the engine, and put it in drive, it just free wheels like it is in neutral .

But... I wonder how bad it would be to enable the lockup on the TQ convert to start it, probably wear it out pretty quick.

My differential is just like a normal RWD except it is in the same housing as the trains, I have seen them apart before, neat design, even has 2 separate sections for fluid, even though both are AT Trans fluid.

If I keep going this route, I'll have to make a kill switch for the injectors, probably on the shifter (reuse OD switch maybe). Could put a starter button on the floor like old school dimmer switches.

I know my car does pretty well for my noobie EOC attempts, I got it nearly to 40mpg average before my car hit 130F (when it will shift into overdrive, ~140F for lockup), even though it was something like 4-5 miles into my trip. Seems like the engine was off like 60% of the time, coasting from 35 down to 10-15, then once it got a bit warmer I took it up to 40mph b4 coasting.

I should check into another wiring project for the trans. It is electronically controlled, so 2 solenoids control what gear it is in (1st - 4th) and a separate switch controls the lockup, so I could more or less drive it like a stick besides the fact the "clutch" would be the TQ converter.