View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlocutionist View Post
Rockauto has always been good to me, and usually significantly cheaper.
Though when I need something now being able to search the local stores' inventory online is really handy and saves a great deal of time.

If the CV is leaking just needs a new boot they usually aren't too terribly hard to replace and a rebuild kit is a small fraction of the price of a new/rebuild axle.
Thanks. I see their price is a bit better than the 100 for both half axles I paid Autozone (when core charge is refunded). But I got it right away and didn't have to pay shipping. Still, good to know another recommended site.

I chose to replace the half-axles because I have a lot of bearing noise and wheel drag in the front wheels. I'll get the job done during Thanksgiving weekend, without bad luck in weather or other unforeseen difficulties.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 11-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: missing word