Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlocutionist View Post
Rockauto has always been good to me, and usually significantly cheaper.
Though when I need something now being able to search the local stores' inventory online is really handy and saves a great deal of time.

If the CV is leaking just needs a new boot they usually aren't too terribly hard to replace and a rebuild kit is a small fraction of the price of a new/rebuild axle.
Thanks. I see their price is a bit better than the 100 for both half axles I paid Autozone (when core charge is refunded). But I got it right away and didn't have to pay shipping. Still, good to know another recommended site.

I chose to replace the half-axles because I have a lot of bearing noise and wheel drag in the front wheels. I'll get the job done during Thanksgiving weekend, without bad luck in weather or other unforeseen difficulties.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 11-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: missing word
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hypermiler

PaleCivic (retired) - '96 Honda Civic DX Sedan
90 day: 69.2 mpg (US)

PaleFit - '09 Honda Fit Sport
Team Honda
Wagons
90 day: 44.06 mpg (US)
Agreed. At $50 each, you may as well consider them consumables. That's cheaper than a single tire!

11-mile commute: 100 mpg - - - Tank: 90.2 mpg / 1191 miles
Old 05-24-2013, 02:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

There are various different places from where you can get parts of your choice at the reasonable price. However, you need to do a bit of research in this regard. These days, more and more people are opting for used parts because they are available in wide range of variety and they also complement your pocket. So, as you are also looking for reasonable price parts, so I will also suggest you to go for the same. Two of my friends own Honda Accord and whenever they require any parts for the same they prefer automotix.net because this dealer offer OEM certified parts with proper warranty.

MobilOne (04-28-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread