View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
mcrews
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattroddrebel View Post
It would seem that i need to explain what fuel additives do. There is no "magic chemical". Fuel additives are not designed to improve fuel quality. They are designed to remove the residue left from ethanol based fuels, and lower grades of fuels. If you vehicle has been driven for 10,000 miles and you do not understand the design of the vehicle that you are driving, you just get in and go, and unless it stops running well you basically do

Fuel additives like "sea-foam" do not publish their ingredients. I will shop around to see if I can find an MSDS on that product.

yeah dont you hate those sneaky companies......gezzzzz
Funny, went to the sea foanm company site.....guess what....they had a link to their MSDS sheets......
.Sea Foam | MSDS Downloads
took me 4 seconds

Amsoil is not on the shelves to control costs. Wanna know how things get on the shelf at Walmart?
1) Ingredient supplier
2) Manufacturer
3) Wholesaler
4) Distributor
5) Vendor
6) Retail

These are not in order but you get the point. There are so many middle men in retail the costs cannot be controlled, just like the gasoline and oil you are buying, too many hands in the pot.

Well, that's not really how it works. Your logic is flawed.
First, to get on the shelf at walmart you have to reinvent your dist model to reduce costs so walmart has your item cheaper than anybody else.
By just blurting out something like the above which is factually incorrect, you look like the salesman your are trying to claim you arent.
For example: Slick 50 was sold thru 'dealers' for many yrs in the 80's. Final retail price was 29.95
Today you can buy it at walmat for $10-15
And I believe penzoil owns it.
Pretty much destroys your thoughts on distribution.
I could write a several pages on pricing and distribution BUT my point is this....your spouting Amsoil company propaganda and talking points

Amsoil you can either buy online, a retail outlet, or a dealer, or you can become a preferred member and but it at dealer cost. Not to mention this company has the ONLY oil that has a 25,000 mile oil change interval. No other oil can do that, would that save you money on oil changes? It also cleans the sludge out of the block, what conventional has left behind.

Sorry guys I am ranting, if anyone would like product information I can provide it. But before you "hate" on salesman, just know that I have documented proof, or you can go online and check out the product for yourselves, there is no "selling".
As long as am a member of this site i will provide any and all information about vehicles that you would like, if you don't that's fine too. I have plenty of information I can share, this is supposed to be fun and we are supposed to help each other. Some members are not clear on that.

Hey wmjinman, I need to know what kind of vehicle you have, how many miles per month you track, a list of all of your mods, area, and average nominal atmospheric temperature of your location, products you have used, type of oil you have used, engine size, tire size, and where you get your information.

WHAT THE HELL FOR?????????????????

I may possibly have a great deal of information for you to use, hell maybe I could increase your mpg's by 25% just by offering simple suggestions that you may not have thought of,interested? Keep in mind that I do this for a living and have access to all publications, TSB's on every vehicle, and my customer base is 30,000 people deep because of my knowledge base. I would love the opportunity to explain all aspects of automotive engineering, industrial engineering, industrial electricity and electronics, and simply "what works and what doesn't". Every product on the market has been tested in my shop. I also homebrew fuel additives that are substantially less expensive to make if you are also interested.
1. leave out the sublte references to 'members' who might disagree
2. learn to write in paragraph form. (you lose credibility when you don't)

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
The Following User Says Thank You to mcrews For This Useful Post:
wmjinman (12-01-2012)