View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #107 (permalink)
mort
EcoModding Lurcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Haha, thanks. I'm very happy with it thus far.

There is one thing I'd appreciate some help with though. The rods are a little loose in the coroplast. So, they have to be fixed to it somehow. It would be great if that method was adjustable so you could more easily get everything setup, slats to seal better, etc.

My initial thought was to cut a groove in the back side of the coroplast in a couple spots. Just a short 1/4" cut or so to expose the metal rod. In that slot I could put some glue into the groove to lock the rod to the coroplast. However, this isn't adjustable, so you'd have to be sure its where you want it before you glue it.

My second thought was to take another small piece of aluminum and tap it for a setscrew. Then, I'd cut a groove in the coroplast to expose the rod like the above idea. The aluminum piece could be glued to the coroplast and then you could tighten the setscrew against the rod to lock it in place. I'm just not sure what kind of glue would work all that great to hold aluminum to plastic. It also requires a tap which not everyone probably has laying around.

Ideas are welcome.
If it were me, I'd glue the coroplast to the actuator rods to provide the best range of movement. I'd make adjustments in the linkage to the lock actuator. The length of a connecting rod can be adjusted, like by bending a kink more or less sharply, to get exactly the right action.

Also this looks beautiful!

-mort