View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #5976 (permalink)
jyanof
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by type2teach View Post
I'm attaching a file of a screenshot of RTD Explorer when I slowly accelerate and then loose all power. I take my foot off the accelerator when the van stops moving forward, that's why you see everything just DROP.
@227-228 is where the power drops, but my foot is still on the accelerator and a second later between 228-229 is where I take my foot off the accelerator.
Any ideas?
In both graphs you posted, and all 3 events shown in the graphs, the same thing happens:

1 - motor current tracks the command current at first: notice the blue and red lines are on top of each other at first.
2 - then, motor current falls and matches the battery current (light blue line). also, the pwm line (pink) jumps to 512 which is wide open. these all agree with each other - when the mosfets are full on, the motor current and battery current will be the same

this is very odd behavior, especially considering that the vehicle slows down. in normal driving, you will likely never reach wide open pwm, and if you do, it's at a high speed and high current.

i'd say your controller is working correctly, but something is wrong on the motor end. the controller is outputting power, but it's not going to the motor.

I think you mentioned your battery voltage is something like 120v and the charts show that they're pushing about 100 amps when the event happens, so that's 12 kW that's just going into heat somewhere!

it really sounds like a motor problem, maybe something is shorting the field or rotor winding so you're only energizing one set of windings? or, a loose connection? maybe it's fine at first, but as the motor heats up, things expand and cause something to short out? or, maybe it's speed related?

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ting-9325.html
The Following User Says Thank You to jyanof For This Useful Post:
type2teach (01-21-2013)