View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #99 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Maybe those of you testing 2-stroke oil in gasoline could test biodiesel as well. If lubricity is truly a benefit, you might get a better result as you can use less and have less impact on your octane level.
This statement sums-up one of the biggest benefits of such testing -- open discussion to allow more ideas and brainstorming. I know of some EM members using Biodiesel is this application. Perhaps something like this is the next test.

For the rest who have only skepticism with theories and not actual results or data, keep adding to your post count and beat your chest with the smug brow-beating. If is hasn't happened already, general pessimism will become ignored.

To me, this experiment/discussion has also been a Sociological experiment. Take a relatively inexpensive, low-risk, easily implemented test, and see what happens: from the vehicle itself, how others report findings (including validity and determination), and the overall reaction (both from those not testing and the test group).

It's disheartening, really. Take a piece of garden edging and slap it to the front of the vehicle and readers salivate in excitement to learn of results, and offer encouragement along the way. Dump an additive in the tank? I think we've seen the mixed reaction.

I'm ready for my 3rd tank, have years of stable Winter FE results as a control and temps to compare when the time comes to report. I remain unashamed to move forward.

RH77

_
_
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RH77 For This Useful Post:
GeekForLife (05-01-2013), WesternStarSCR (01-20-2013)