View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Weather Spotter
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HilseeJ View Post
Well, well, well. It appears that I now understand what I need to do. However, I still have a few questions. But first, let's start with the materials list.

* denotes a question involving the item

(1) Momentary Switch, Normally Open

(2) 5 pole relay - Bosch 30 Amp

(3) Inline fuse holder - 20 Amp

(4) 15 Amp Fuse (for holder) *

(5) 16 gauge wire

(6) Ring Spade for Ground *

(7) Male and female spade connectors *

(8) Are there any other materials I am missing? (I already have solder and a soldering gun)

Questions:

Do the above items look right? Are there any items I am missing / don't need / got the wrong amperage on?

Regarding item (4):

Is 15 amps the right number? According to this diagram, the wire appears to be 15 Amp. Is that correct?

Regarding item (6):

How exactly does one find a ground? I never understood this in grade school, and to this day I am still confused.

Regarding item (7):

I was thinking of putting spade connectors in when I splice into the wire. That way, if something goes wrong, I can just unplug the relay and slip the two ends of the injector signal wire back into place.

Would this work or am I missing something?

WeatherSpotter had some complicated circuit board that I didn't really understand.

Again, thanks for all the help and thoughts fellas. I am grateful.

And my apologies to Mr. 3-Wheeler. Your car is awesome. I wish I knew how to make that aeromod, and make it look that sexy.
You can fuse it smaller, say 5 or 10 amps.

spade connectors is exactly what i used and they are a great way of making the car immobile when parking for a while, just pull one apart and the car will not start . but they are just as useful to have if your wiring is messed up or breaks then you can put it back to normal.

Your car is a Neg (-) ground system. so any bare metal on the car is a ground point. you know how a flashlight battery has a + and a - end? you could call the - end the ground. this works for most DC systems. AC (house current) its a different thing but for your car the ground is just another name for the neg connection.