View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #123 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Razor, that image in post #120 actually was useful. It's a very different thing to see a nice clean diagram of something with nothing else in the way than it is to be looking at it from 2 inches away under a car with EVERYTHING else in the way.

In that photo, the support that sticks out second farthest to the right is different from the others. It has an extra little piece right behind it. When on the actual car, that part looks like it bolts right into the rear suspension. Comparing the image and the actual helped make it into something more sensical!

So, today I dropped the battery pack! At least I didn't drop it on my foot or anything (that's for electric motorcycles...)

I was feeling pretty proud of myself for getting the pack out. I dragged it out into the driveway and cracked it open.

More Worst Case Scenario.

Full of ice, rust, water, etc, etc. etc.

Today was above freezing in the afternoon, so I was able to use my garden hose to rinse it all off. Ick. What a mess!

Anyone have experience working with individual lithium cells? There were electronics and wire harnesses inside the battery case, but all that is nasty and shot! I suppose it's possible that not all the cells are bad though. It would be fun to try to test them.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos