View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg_135 View Post
I know its been awhile, but has anyone had luck with getting this to work? I'm considering doing it to my 03 civic soon.
Well, I currently have all the electrical bits I need (wires, relay, switch, etc) and I know about where the wire is that I want to find (Yellow/Black wire behind glove box). I pulled off the glove box door...

And found out it's going to take some digging. It's probably mounted to the firewall, but the HVAC system and the ECM are in the way. And, since the ECM is right there, there are a ton of wires in the area, including some for the air bag system which I really don't want to mess with (Any time you mess with the SRS system in these Hondas, there is a non-trivial reset procedure you have to go through to get it functional again).

Needless to say, I haven't tackled it yet. I'm considering trying to find the wire under the hood instead, since it travels from under the dash to the fuel injector harness on the engine.

Also, it's my daily driver and I'm in the middle of redoing the flooring in my living room and kitchen, so I've had no time to work on it.

VMan, did you make any progress?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_02_22_Wiring_Small.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	12519  

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods

Last edited by darcane; 02-22-2013 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Added picture.