Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Avante - '02 Hyundai Elantra GT
90 day: 32.07 mpg (US)
Sorry, thought that was the grounds that came together as one, not the live wire! Apparently I read the schematics backward!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Trying to figure this out for my '01 HX.

Did you ever figure out a good solution? Did you interupt the Yellow/Black wire to the injectors similar to SentraSE-R?
No, I haven't had time to revisit this. I've been using the switch and turning the key off then back on before I bump start it to reset the immobilizer. You'll have to insert the switch before the yellow/black wire splits to the injectors but after it splits off from the wire that goes to the immobilizer. If you hunt for it before I get around to it, post up!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Civic - '02 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 42.09 mpg (US)
I know its been awhile, but has anyone had luck with getting this to work? I'm considering doing it to my 02 civic soon.

Last edited by Topdawg_135; 04-07-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg_135 View Post
I know its been awhile, but has anyone had luck with getting this to work? I'm considering doing it to my 03 civic soon.
Well, I currently have all the electrical bits I need (wires, relay, switch, etc) and I know about where the wire is that I want to find (Yellow/Black wire behind glove box). I pulled off the glove box door...

And found out it's going to take some digging. It's probably mounted to the firewall, but the HVAC system and the ECM are in the way. And, since the ECM is right there, there are a ton of wires in the area, including some for the air bag system which I really don't want to mess with (Any time you mess with the SRS system in these Hondas, there is a non-trivial reset procedure you have to go through to get it functional again).

Needless to say, I haven't tackled it yet. I'm considering trying to find the wire under the hood instead, since it travels from under the dash to the fuel injector harness on the engine.

Also, it's my daily driver and I'm in the middle of redoing the flooring in my living room and kitchen, so I've had no time to work on it.

VMan, did you make any progress?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_02_22_Wiring_Small.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	12519  

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods

Last edited by darcane; 02-22-2013 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Added picture.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
I accessed the injector power lead at a large connector (my Civic is '97, Gen 6) near drivers side hood hinge. Aside from having to snake a wire through an existing rubber boot in the firewall, the job was not too difficult. I definitely don't relish the thought of working through stuff behind the glove box.

Here's the post.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post175914
Go to the first post in thread to see photo of the connector.
The link above tells which wire it is - it's not the fat one easily visible in photo.

If you're not handy with relays like I am, there's nothing wrong with using a simple switch on the dash, as long as you have good solid connections at every point along the way. Probably should use a wire just a bit thicker than what you cut into, because you're adding length to the run. My switch is a toggle and I like it. Flip it off to kill, flip it on again right after engine dies to re-enable fuel injection. That way when you bump it to start, it will catch. If you use a momentary disconnect instead, then you need to hold it down till the engine dies. That's less convenient, imho.

The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
j12piprius (01-26-2015)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have some bad guys.

I traced the yellow/black wires from the injectors. They all meet up in a single connector next to the ignition coils. They don't meet before the connector like we were hoping. I took apart the connector and all the wires are connected to one another.

Right now the only option I see is to set up relays for all four of the wires. I really don't want to have to do this if I can avoid it.

I'm currently looking into using two DP relays or an industrial style relay with four poles.

If anyone can come up with a better solution let me know. Otherwise I will continue forward on this.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I have some bad guys.

I traced the yellow/black wires from the injectors. They all meet up in a single connector next to the ignition coils. They don't meet before the connector like we were hoping. I took apart the connector and all the wires are connected to one another.

Right now the only option I see is to set up relays for all four of the wires. I really don't want to have to do this if I can avoid it.

I'm currently looking into using two DP relays or an industrial style relay with four poles.

If anyone can come up with a better solution let me know. Otherwise I will continue forward on this.
That is exactly what you were supposed to find. The top y/blk one in this connector is the common feed wire for the 7 others. That is the wire you want to put on the switch. This image shows it is the one next to the w/blk wires in the connector.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wires.png
Views:	46
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	13137  
The Following User Says Thank You to moorecomp For This Useful Post:
Topdawg_135 (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks. I did not have that wiring schematic in my Chilton manual. Could you possibly post the whole page so I can check where the others go?

I want to make sure that one of those doesn't connect to the immobilizer circuit(which is the problem we have been having all along).

I feel that the one common yellow/black is the same as the one at the fuel relays behind the blower/ecu in the cab, which if I'm correct connect to the immobilizer as well.

Also I'm sorry for the ambiguity in my last post. When I checked it, it appeared that all the wires are connected. Not just the wires to the fuel injectors.

Last edited by Topdawg_135; 06-02-2013 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.gif
Views:	51
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	13149  
The Following User Says Thank You to moorecomp For This Useful Post:
Topdawg_135 (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
40-60-40 MPH P&G

Echo-P&G - '05 Toyota Echo base
Team Toyota
90 day: 82.76 mpg (US)
Quote:

i know its not related to this thread but i see you have a exaust insulation, did you see any difference with that?

Echo-Troll Modding Thread

I know i dont have a very good write-up
no lean-burn? no good gear ratio? p&g is the answer
MPG=1 TIME=0
Reply  Post New Thread