View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
Co worker gave me his copy, unless there's more online that only subscribers can get to I wouldn't waste my money. Kind of surpised that the Mich winter beat Nokina, but they didn't give enough info to know if they even tested them.
Agreed that there is something odd about the list. I think it might be that they wanted to balance LRR with another value they called "safety" or something. In other words, these ratings are not strictly about LRR, which is why I thought it "moderately" useful when I initially posted the link. I don't mind their concern, but I wish they had made two lists then: one with the straight LRR capacity and other adjusted for their opinion of what is the proper balance of LRR and braking. I'd like to judge for myself.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.