View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #42 (permalink)
cujet
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentraSE-R View Post
cujet,

1) What is DHS' justification for random searches of private aircraft? (not involved in international travel)
2) I"m sure you didn't just consent to such an unconstitutional search.

1) Drugs, illegal exports, illegal imports (people) or any other excuse they can come up with.

2) Yup, I did that time and I am not proud of it. The officer was amazingly belligerent, lied about his authority, and started cutting open boxes of leather with his knife. Damaging some of the leather.

I then ran into the office, printed up the bill of rights, highlighted the 4th amdt, and handed it to him. His face got red and he became even more disagreeable. He eventually left, drove down the ramp, half way across the airport, he slammed on his brakes, spun around and came screaming back. Asking for copies of all my identification.

My co-worker (ex army ranger, and a bit hot headed) was so angry, he was quite ready to do something quite drastic, and I do think he came close. I had to manage him too. It was not a good situation.

Next time, if I am free to go, that's what I'm doing. Getting away from the Nazi's is priority number 1.

Let's put this clearly, there is no up-side for me. Only risk. There is risk when ever a deadly weapon is drawn, there is risk of a trumped up violation, there is risk of delay, there is risk of loss of airman certificates, there is risk of incarceration, there is risk of expense.

Freedom and Liberty are what matters.
The Following User Says Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (08-13-2013)