View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #78 (permalink)
jedi_sol
Master EcoModder

2013 STi *SOLD* - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Subaru
Sports Cars
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 26.59 mpg (US)

1996 Geo Metro *RETIRED from Ecomodding* - '96 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 58.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Jedi Sol, I have been on this site since last June, and have only removed the crossmembers on my roof rack. I have tried a few other things. I had wanted to cover my fog lights, but I could not think of how to do it properly. I finally used duct tape, hoping that in desperation, my mind would come up with something better.
To fill "voids" (fog lights), yes great foam works great...but i think the key is to resin your "plug" right after you sand it down. Therefore, your "plug" will retain its shape.

then use bondo to smooth out and perfect the edges (unfortunately, this will require hours of sanding).

then you gotta figure something out to mount the "plug" from behind. Its a lot of extra work, but it'll look a lot nicer than "coroplast cut to shape"

I got lucky with my fog lights, the "void" was not that big so i can get away with using "coroplast cut to shap"

I googled the 1999 Forester, it looks like the fog lights almost sit flush with the bumper, so the "coroplast cut to shape and double sided tape" method might work for you

See the rest of the Sti project log:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...log-26612.html

Last edited by jedi_sol; 09-23-2013 at 11:44 PM..