View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #599 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
overlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Xist, thanks for overlay, the curve is definately more agressive then original template, I was thinking it is much closer to the new version below with the steeper angles at the start.
3 Wheeler, I manipulated both constants until I got exactly 2.5 aspect ratio and 1.78 tail ratio, to get this M = 1.4754408 and l/w = 1.9130000020752, the original values for the constants of 1 & 1.925 gave a tail ratio of 1.67 and yes is still increasing angle at end of tail, but does not fit template that well either.
I like this equation and will fiddle a bit more and try out different combinations, I can get a closer version with less kink in tail, but the aspect ratio is around 2.54 with a 1.78 tail ratio, so there are plenty of options to choose, later tonight I will try put up a version where the tail reaches max curvature without changing direction.
It's very close.
The emphasis with the 'Template' is the aft-body contour,ignoring the front for the most part.
Once past the max. camber position,the boundary layer has no reason to remain attached unless it sees a very stringent deceleration/ pressure-rise
gradient.
As long as the contours are 'close' to the 2.5:1 streamline half-body we should be pretty safe.But it's the back we're most interested in.
Nice work!
Tesla (10-01-2013)