View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #78 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
^^ Dude. Cracking into the 8s with 2.0 under the hood is damn good. I reckon the boost is right up there.

I have a 4g64 under the hood of my late grandmother's Colt Vista, dropped valve. In the process of disassembling to investigate the butcher's bill. I understand that somehow, the odd little Vista is a popular foundation for heavily boosted sleepers. Not my cup of tea, but a funny concept to think about.

Yeah, fast and efficient do go together, not arguing that at all. Wasteful racing = last place. A badly set up car is hard to control, throws away power on misaligned bits, etc. I'm willing to reach across the aisle to the racers. We're actually trying to achieve the same goals: best possible speed on the least power/fuel burn. The only difference between racers and hypermilers is the highest priority: speed vs. distance. That's it. That difference is what drives the prioritization of other vehicle modifications, but with just a little investigation anyone could see that the decisions that get made translate from racer to hypermiler very easily, again weighted according to the ultimate goal.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (11-08-2013)