View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
NachtRitter
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The only way I intend to even approach 70mpg is with eMPG. Good work!
Thanks... though I think finding *and* marrying your ideal partner is a bit more impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm not heading to NorCal for any other reason than to buy a Prius and perhaps visit the aunt/uncle. I've had my eye on a 2010 III Prius for a while, but Portlanders won't let them go for less than $16,000. I've seen a few in CA for $13,500, and I'm willing to travel to save even $1k. In the meantime, I've been driving the Cummins when it's freezing, and the motorcycle when it's not. The truck doesn't even warm up in the time it takes to get to work, and the bike is never warm.

Thanks for the warning; I have driven a few Prii, and true, the lack of shifting and power is the end of certain kinds of fun, but the techno-geek in me finds pleasure in efficiency. Besides, I can shift my own gears and go faster than anyone should go on the motorcycle. I intend to buy a fuel efficient car and take road trips with the wife. Our requirement was something that gets good fuel economy, has a low total cost per mile, and can sleep in the back.

We're not rich, but we don't want that to prevent us from seeing the world.
Good luck finding the Prius; I agree the tech is very cool but the old-timer in me can't let go of the need to "do it myself"...