View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrubicon View Post
I'm 100% positive its a factory vx with all the appropriate hardware, the ecu is a p07-a00 and have p07-1 cast in the head with d15z1 on the block. I feel lean burn engaging, or at least what I believe it to feel like, feels like a small "boost" when exiting lean burn but it crosses over smooth and drives great. the alignment might be off a small amount but it coasts absolutely great. also, the engine temp rises quickly as it should to just below the middle portion of the temp gauge and stays there. the shift light is not functioning right now and idk if that's because something is wrong with it or because the bulb is out. about half of the back lighting bulbs in the cluster and hvac unit are out I just haven't had the motivation to replace them yet. also, my cluster doesn't have a tach and I thought all vx's had a tach? it does have the shift light but like I said its not functioning.
Then definitely run through the lists suggested above by Old Mech and Ryland. They know their stuff when it comes to these cars about as well or better than anyone on this site. Both have tutored me through mechanical troubles. Also, there are a couple other threads where guys have recently dealt with both the shift light problem and low MPG in a VX. Maybe you have seen them, but if not, search and study. Your answers might be there too.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.