View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_sol View Post
You can test it out to see if it is the correct wire before you actually cut it.

To do this, simply unpin the yellow black wire, then try to start the car.

If the car starts, then it's the wrong wire. If the car does not start, then you've got the correct wire.

If c145 does not work, I think another alternative would to find the ground wire that controls your pgmfi. If that doesn't work, then find the ground wire that controls the fuel injectors or crankshaft position sensor.
It won't start... but it's still the wrong wire.

This IS the wire that controls the fuel injectors....
AND the crank position sensor(CKP),
AND the cam position sensor(TDC),
AND the IAC,
AND some for the ECM,
and maybe the immobilizer too....

CKP, TDC, and IAC are fine. The ECM and the immobilizer are not. You will have to key off/key on to turn it on again.

Your diagram is a little different than my '01. I don't see where your immobilizer wire is and you DO NOT want to interrupt that (on my '01 it branches off from what would be your wire connecting C202 and PGM-FI 2). You also don't want to interrupt IGP1 or IGP2 which you would be doing with your proposed solution.

The wire you are probably looking for is the yel/blk from C128 to [A]. Check your diagram to see where that wire goes. If it goes to another connector on your engine that controls JUST injectors, IAC, TDC, CKP then you have the right one.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods

Last edited by darcane; 09-09-2014 at 01:53 PM..