View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonEaston View Post
I'm impressed. I moderate a $70/year discussion forum, and I thought the civility that I see there was limited to pay-based forums. You all have proven me wrong, at least in that preconception.
I experienced a similar thing just yesterday. Background: much of the traffic we've had at the site recently came about due to basjoos' Aerocivic - clearly an extreme expression of ecomodding if there ever was one.

Basjoos' thread has been picked up for discussion on a couple dozen car enthusiast forums, and I'd say the majority of them simply chucked insults, made snide remarks about workmanship, argued about aesthetics, dismissed his goals, and failed to see the big picture.

One forum (free, large membership base) stood out: the commenters (Nissan Z enthusiasts) acknowledged that while saving fuel wasn't their thing, they could sure appreciate the thought & effort that basjoos put into his project car and how successful it's been. I thought that was so cool, I registered to tell them! Definitely challenged my preconceptions based on what I'd seen on other speed/performance sites.

Quote:
Good luck to all of you in eco modding. I hope you do it to the fullest, and experience all the personal satisfaction and gain possible from such a venture.
Good luck to you too. Thanks for stopping by.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget