View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #86 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.16 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iveyjh View Post
From just sitting back and observing how you guy treat new people that come on here with ideas different than your own, they're already destined for the "Unicorn" corral. You guys, not all of you, are about the most rude people I have ever seen.
Different ideas are welcomed. Unsupported claims are met with suspicion, insistence on the validity of the claims without proof is met with hostility. You did notice that there's a lot of reporting of test results in this forum, didn't you? You did notice that there's an uncommonly high level of repeatability in the testing methods, didn't you? Generally people who claim results in this venue do so with a fair amount of uncluttered, clearly written DATA - not information, DATA (there is a significant difference and I hope I don't have to explain it) to back or disprove their claims.

And indeed, there have been disproofs. More than one participant has come back and reported, "Well, that didn't work. Here's what I learned."

It isn't rude to expect reasonable substantiation of claims. It is extraordinarily rude to expect a forum that is founded on a premise of incremental, measurable experimentation and confirmation of results to simply accept claims as presented as "fact."

If he didn't want to provide proof, records, or participate more fully in the experimentation process, he should never have joined.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.

Last edited by elhigh; 02-03-2014 at 10:08 PM..