View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Lessons

tjts1: I took the page source and watch the vids...

The Audi A8: I saw this vid about a year or so ago. Clarkson's hypermiling experiment sparked the following quote,

"It was the most mentally exhausting thing I've ever done"...

This statement (from the celebrity uttering its words) should be a testament to the Eco-Driving/Hypermiling community. He has raced 24-hour circuits and has attempted a modified design of an existing vehicle to crack the elusive 200 mph mark! A high level of precision and concentration is at hand on nearly every trip we make. Safety should result (OK continuing to watch...)

Ahh, the Prius. I really don't know what to make of this. It has been argued at length in other forum locations, so I won't touch it. I'll continue to drive my gasser until it grenades...and then repair it.

Alrighty: the Focus 5-door argument. What the heck happened to the Station Wagon. I was likely the last generation to partake in riding in a rear-facing seat (ask any kid these days). The vehicle: a 91' Ford Taurus GL Wagon belonging to my friend's family. Of course it was akward, but we never tossed our cookies. We stared-down the drivers behind us, and saw where we had been. Maybe kids would respect their elders more these days if they had seen -- where they had been.

The SUV replaced it in the hierarchichal status of driving existence. Even a Minivan was more convenient. Mark my words -- I think a resurgence is upon us. The P50? Likely not. But a slight pardigm shift would be nice.

RH77

_
_