View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #39 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
I could probably whistle up over 88mpg in my truck, too. All it takes is gassing up at the top of the mountain, and then gassing up again at the bottom.

Short fills are extremely unreliable data, Gaud. Aggregating the fuel vs. mileage numbers you provided yields 49.73mpg average, a MUCH more credible number since it doesn't rely on a spot score like your barely-there 88mpg, and it falls much more in line with other comparable Metros.

When you can average 88mpg over a couple of tanks, then you'll have something over which you can bust out the exclamation points.

I do have a question, and I hope you'll answer it clearly without relying on jargon or obfuscation: what is the "final gadget?" If - and I really believe this to be the case - your Pulstar plugs and whatever else are not contributing to your fuel mileage, then what is this final, mysterious device whose nature and operation you will not reveal?

And finally, I must add this: no one here claims to be smart. I'm quite serious, go back and look at the posts. You might pick up a tone of skepticism - indeed, you'd have to be comatose to miss it - and some outright contempt, for which I think you must admit you've kind of painted a target on your own forehead. But at the very beginning of the thread, we were willing to at least listen. Had you been more forthcoming, we would have been more receptive. Instead you continue with the late night infomercial approach, tantalizing and teasing but never giving up the goods until the entire pitch has been made.

When that happens at my house I turn off the TV. I don't want to hear the pitch, I want to know what things cost and whether or not they work. You won't tell us how or why or even WHAT and you continue to expect us to buy your line. That isn't going to happen.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
Mustang Dave (07-02-2014), nuverde (07-01-2014), wmjinman (07-08-2014)