View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #1745 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_sol View Post
I've been eyeing broken wrx bumpers and grills on the classifieds in hopes of picking one up for cheap then molding an upper/lower grill block to make it look like a one piece bumper from the factory.
I would love to use this scrap for something similar, a lower grill block that also lowers the stagnation point, moving more air over the hood and around the sides. Nothing beats free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
When you back into the garage and kill the engine, then turn the ignition back on to roll up the windows, so you don't loose .1 MPG idling.
...I do that with my wife's Subaru everytime I drive. She always says "don't forget the windows" because for her the only reason she would ever have shut the engine off without closing the windows would be if she had forgotten.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.